Monday, January 24, 2022

Student Spotlight: Sabrina W.

 


Branson School Online is home to amazing students who are involved in a variety of exciting activities. 

Student Spotlight: Sabrina W. 

My name is Sabrina. I am 13 and in the 8th grade. I made it into the National Junior Honor Society. For part of my volunteer time, I decided I wanted to help out the Humane Society, so that is where I volunteer. Recently, we got a new neighbor across the street His name is Mark. They were getting rid of their washer and dryer, so I went over and asked if I could have it for the Humane Society. The Humane Societys' washer and dryer do not work correctly. So, he said "I just gave that to someone else, but I can get you an even better one through my work. I am the General Manager at Canon City Auto Plaza. Here give my card to the Humane Society, and have them call me." So the next time I went in, I gave them the card, and they called him. When they got off the phone, they told me that Mark is going to give them a brand new washer and dryer through his work for free, set up a cat and dog food drive through his work, and for every truck/car that is sold, he is going to find a way to give a portion of the money to the Humane Society! Mark is super friendly, and I am very grateful for what he did for the Humane Society.

No comments:

Post a Comment