Tuesday, January 26, 2016

January Feature Teacher

Branson School Online is home to the most talented and dedicated teaching staff in Colorado! 

Each month we introduce you to one of our incredible Branson School Online teachers. 

Our Feature Teacher for the month of December is:

Kelly Kenney

Mrs. Kenney is the District Assessment Coordinator for Branson School Online. Read on to learn more about this talented BSO teacher.


Years Teaching: 15 years 

Years with BSO: 10

Favorite food: Italian

Favorite color: turquoise 

Pets: 1 Dog (Duke), 2 Horses (Nitro and Shiner), 1 Pony (Sugar), Barn Cats 

Hobbies: Photography, Reading, Exercise

What do you love about teaching? It has been a while since I have taught in the classroom. I have been the assessment coordinator for many years, but my favorite thing about teaching was always coming up with creative ways to present material. And, of course, getting to know my students. 

What do you love about teaching with Branson? It is exciting to be a part of an organization that is innovative. Also, it is great to work with the wonderful teachers, staff and students in Branson School District. 

Favorite season? My favorite season is fall. I like all the fresh fruits and vegetables that are available that time of year. I like the long days with nice weather and the the opportunity to think about all that I have to be grateful for. 

Favorite place you have traveled to? This is hard to answer since I love to travel. Top three: Italy, Dominican Republic, and Hawaii. 

# 1 item on your bucket list: Charter a yacht and travel to all Caribbean Islands by boat.

Favorite book/author: I love all Richard Paul Evans' books! He puts a new one out every November. They are all set around Christmas time. Perfect read during Winter Break!


Favorite sport: Football! 

No comments:

Post a Comment